Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Who God is . . . I

March 1, 2016

Who is God . . . I - I AM, Invisible, Image of God, Intercessor

Old Testament: one who would impinge by accident or by importunity - come between, cause to intreat, fall upon, lay light upon, meet together, reach, run
New Testament: an interview; supplication-prayer confer with; to entreat in favor or against-deal with to intercede in behalf of

Intercessor:  one who intercedes
Intercede: 1. to act or interpose in behalf of someone in difficulty or trouble, as by pleading or petition. 2. to attempt to reconcile differences between two people or groups.

Synonyms: arbitrator, judge, negotiator, mediator, advocate, intervene, negotiate, plead, reconcile.

Text: Romans 8:24-39

I. Jesus Intercedes on my Behalf

  • Jesus interceded and saved me (Isaiah 53:12, Romans 5:8)
  • Jesus righteousness keeps me in good standing with God the Father (Isaiah 59:16, Romans 8:34)
  • Jesus understands my infirmities (frailties, maladies of my soul) (Hebrews 4:15-16, 7:25)

II. The Holy Spirit Intercedes for me and with me
  • The Holy Spirit helps me in my praying to the Father (Romans 8:26)
  • The Holy Spirit helps me pray for the Father's will (v.27)
  • The Holy Spirit intercedes on the Father's behalf as He convicts me and guides me (Romans 8:13-14)
III. I Can Intercede on the Behalf of Others . . .
  • Jesus' blood gives me confidence in my faith in the Father (Ephesians 3:12)
  • The Holy Spirit gives me access to the Father (Ephesians 2:18)
  • I should use my privilege of prayer to intercede for others (I Timothy 2:1)
Challenge:

  1. Let God intercede for you.
  2. Listen to the Holy Spirit as He intercedes on behalf of the Father.
  3. Use your privilege of prayer to intercede on the behalf of others.
  4. Think when you excepted God into your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment