Wednesday, March 28, 2018

"Dealing with Anxiety: Counsel of God"

TEXT: PSALMS 13


  1. When I seek my counsel first from God, I find encouragement
    • 1 Samuel 30:6 "And David was greatly distressed; for the people spake of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, . . . but David encouraged himself in the Lord his God."
  2. When I seek my counsel first from God, I am persuaded
    • Romans 14:5c "Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind."
    • 2 Timothy 1:12b ". . . for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day."
  3. When I seek my counsel first from God, I am confident in Him.
    • Job 31:24b ". . .Thou art my confidence."
    • Prov 3:24b "For the Lord shall be thy confidence. . ."
    • 1 John 5:13 "And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us;"
  4. When your affliction rears its ugly head
    • Ask God for someone who can be your "affliction buddy", someone who will be empathetic, who will pray for and with you when you need it, who will converse with you about it (whatever you need), who will ask how you have been doing.
    • These times are when we need to protect our spirit. Avoid things that can pull you down (ie, news, facebook, etc). Use things that can help your spirit (ie, particular music, a walk, reading etc).
    • "See" the Lord beside you, holding your hand, holding you in His arms (because He will when you call on Him). Do beware of New Age techniques-yoga, meditation, etc.
    • In Some cases, medication is necessary. Ask God to help you decide, to make it evident that you need it. Seek counsel, use wisdom. Dont be afraid to go without if you are able.
Next week: Part 3 of Dealing with Anxiety

Conclusion: Psalms 71:1-9, 12, 14-24
     Resort: to have recourse for use, help, or accomplishing something; to go, esp. frequesntly or customarily; habitual or general going; use of appeal to some person or thing for aid, satisfaction, or service, etc.

GB Essie

No comments:

Post a Comment