Monday, December 2, 2019

Bible Study-10 Rules for a Blessed Day


Luke 10:27

We learn three principles about loving our neighbor;
  • Lack of love is often easy to justify, even though it is never right.
  • Our neighbor is anyone of any race, creed, or social background who is in need; and 
  • Love means acting to meet the persons need. Wherever you live, there are needy people close by. There is no good reason for refusing to help.
10 rules for a blessed day are 
  1. Today I will not strike back. . .
    • If someone is rude if someone is impatient. If someone is unkind, I will not respond in a like manner.
  2. Today I will ask God to bless my enemy. . .
    • If I come across someone who treats me harshly or unfairly, I will quietly ask God to bless that individual. I understand "enemy" could be a family member, neighbor, co-worker or stranger.
  3. Today I will be careful about what I say. . .
    • I will carefully choose and guard my words being certain that I do not spread gossip.
  4. Today I will go the extra mile. . .
    • I will find ways to help share the burden of another person.
  5. Today I will forgive. . .
    • I will forgive any hurts or injuries that come my way.
  6. Today I will do something kind for someone, (But I will do it in SECRET. . .)
    • I will reach out anonymously and bless the life of another.
  7. Today I will treat others the way I wish to be treated. . .
    • I will practice the golden rule. "Do unto others as I would have them do unto me." with everyone I encounter.
  8. Today I will raise the spirits of someone who is discouraged. . .
  9. Today I will nurture my body. . . 
    • I will eat less. . . I will eat only healthy foods. I will thank God for my body.
  10. Today I will grow spiritually. . .
    • I will spend a little more time in prayer today. I will begin reading something spiritual or inspirational; I will find a quiet place (at some point during this day) and listen to God's voice.
GB
The Campbells

No comments:

Post a Comment