Sunday, October 18, 2015

Why I use the KJV Bible (KJV-King James Version)

Growing up in a Christian home, as far as I can remember we have always used the KJV bible but in Spanish. We went to an all Spanish speaking church so for the Spanish community there is only one version of the KJV bible. As I grew up and moved back to the U.S. we went to a bilingual church. I still used the same bible as it was no problem for me as I read, and spoke fluent Spanish. When I moved to my new church in Stratford that is where I began to realize the differences, because this was an English speaking church. Of course I purchased the NKJV (New King James Bible) and according to word of mouth it only removed the  "thee, thou and ye". This was supposed to make an easier reading, but as I read through my bible I didn't notice other words that was missing until I started going to my new church who only used the KJV bible. I was fine using the Spanish version but bought an English KJV bible. 

The pastor decided to have a service about why to use only the KJV bible, and the truth came out on all these other versions. I've been doing my own little research, and there are so many Christians who already talk about this topic its amazing. Here are few websites you can go check out on your own;

https://www.jesus-is-lord.com/nivdelet.htm - They have a whole segment on why not to use the NIV version (New International Version). 

http://www.av1611.org/biblevs.html - They have a chart on how many things are missing in other bible versions.

Here is a video also on youtube on why not to use other bible versions;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFtI_mVOXbQ

Please be careful when you are watching or doing research as you will have non-believers twisting your faith. 

This is why I stick to my own research, I  have my original KJV bible, Webster dictionary, bible dictionary, a notebook, and my color pencils so as to aid me in studying my bible.

Here a few pointers to daily studying the KJV bible. 

  • Always start with prayer
  • Select a chapter and start reading
Get the word of God so you can be filled with the Holy Spirit and help and guide others on what God has brought forward to you. 

GB,
Essie

No comments:

Post a Comment