Sunday, June 24, 2018

Divorce: What I know now! I didn't know then...

I believe there are people who struggle with this, and I believe God has put it in my heart to share.

I got divorced in 2011, remarried in 2013. I have 3 kids from my prior marriage and blessed with a fourth my stepdaughter. You can see our profile in About us Tab.

First, find a great home church. A church that the people love on you and help you grow with the Lord. For me it was White Oak Baptist Church with Mr. & Mrs. Peslak, they have shown us so much. When I first meet them I had no strength, tired, and drained. All I can think about is I wanted to live not die for my kids. Pastor Johnson & Pastor Peslak helped my husband, get closer to the Lord I had Mrs. Patty she took me under her wings and help me and showed me how to draw closer to the Lord.

Divorce was not our only sin, with my health my boyfriend (Current Hubby) moved in with me to help with the kids and my health. When we were attending White Oak Baptist Church and felt the tug in our hearts to get closer to God. Pastor Peslak was showing us our flaws. Living together not being married, was not good for us or the kids. The new life we wanted to live, didn't exist in the principles of the Bible. I didn't feel the need to get married again, especially when the time was ticking for me. Pastor recommended to pray about it, we did and I decided to do some bible studies on it. What we don't realize is that the world is a fleshly world and the enemy (DEVIL) is everywhere and he wants to make us believe that living together is not a sin, divorce is not a sin, swearing, not going to church, drinking is not a sin But it IS, is a SIN...

While studying the Bible and Googled prayer, divorce, etc, I stumbled upon this prayer book;  The Prayer book by Richard III I wanted to become better at praying, I felt like I needed something to bust my prayers. Well, I found this prayer in the book and I decided to pray for it my self in 2012. If I wanted to draw closer to God I needed to have peace in my heart. When I prayed this prayer I truly believe to be forgiven for my divorce and was able to move on and draw closer to God.

I praise you for your merciful kindness that is great toward me. 
Psalms 117:2 (For his merciful kindness is great toward us: and the truth
of the Lord endureth for ever. Praise ye the Lord.) I know that at my wedding
vowed that I would stand fo my marriage and be in that marriage no matter what.
I meant that with my whole heart at the time. Now I can see that I allowed the enemy 
to come against my marriage, my spouse, and Your will for my life. Lord, I 
have recognized the sin of my divorce. At the time that it came about, 
I did not fully understand the terrible injustice I was doing. I just wasnt listening
 for Your voice to guide me in my life, nor was I seeking Your face, or looking in 
Your word for the right answers. I acknowledge my sin before You now Father 
and I seek the forgiveness that Your word says is mine if I repent and turn and 
sin no more. Acts 3:19. (Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that yoursins 
may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presencence 
of the Lord.) I am sorry for all the hurt and offenses I have caused and will 
endeavor to walk Your paths from now on. I ask You to heal the wounds I 
have caused, and bless my ex-spouse. I ask that You will free them from any
 unforgiveness or pain that they may still feel. I ask these things according
to Your word in 1 John 1:9 that says if WE confess our sins, HE is faithful and
just to forgive us our sins, and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
Thank You Lord. Jesus Name I pray, Amen.

Ever since my life has been amazing, we went through marriage counseling first, FYI I didn't do that with my previous marriage and we got married in 2013. We have been faithful to God since then and everything to help others draw closer to God. I have this blog, I have Journals, I have Youtube Channel (Faith, Family n Friends) Let's just say I am on my 2nd Prayer Journal. God is good. It is today 2018 and I am past my expiration date (2014).

What I know now, that I didn't now then:
  1. God First - We pray together, we have quiet times together reading the Bible, we lift each other up to put God first.
  2. Communication - even if we don't agree we still communicate. Everything, everything, everything "talk about it." Embarrassing we communicate, I don't smile we communicate.
  3. Dates - We go on dates at least once a month, and a weekend every QTR. We meet up at places just to pretend we are having a first date.
  4. Family - We have family outings at least 3-4 times a year. (Camping, Parks, Church & Dinners 2nd Sunday of the month)
  5. Touch - Not just SEX, physical touch, affirmation.
  6. To Agree or Disagree - When it comes to our mixed family we had sat down and come to an agreement. They have a father and a mother! We are STEP parents, we must not treat one better than the other, everyone has the same house rules based on age, and all have cleaning schedules. Punishment is based on the offense, and it was all agreed upon moving into the house. We have regular family meetings if items need to be discussed or changed. But we have our own private meeting first before.
My marriage now is not perfect we still have minor trials, we have trials with our ex-spouses, trials with are wayward children, our jobs, our friends. Every day is a new trial, But God always prevails and shows us that he is with us, he guides us and shows us his Mercy and Grace. As long as we live in this world we will always have trials are faith will always be tested. Is how we respond to the trials as Christians.

I recommend the following books to read if you are struggling with this topic;


God Bless,
The Campbell's



No comments:

Post a Comment