Friday, May 8, 2020

Bible Study-Sister's in Christ

Text: 1 Sam 18:1 (the soul of Jonathan was knit with the soul of David)
1 Sam 18:1 = the account of Jonathan and David's friendship)

S-Silly (Prov 17:22, medicine)
I-Inspiring (Heb 10:24-25)

  • I love those sisters in Christ that inspires.
  • It might not even be an inspiration to do something spiritual. It just might be by how they are organized or even how they keep their house.
  • I need all that inspiration for my spiritual life that my sisters give me as well.
  • Job 32:8-spirit, inspiration
  • Heb 10:25-assembling, manner, much
S-Strong (1 Tim 1:3-6, 2 Tim 1:5; grandmother, mother, thee)
T-Talkative (Act 4:18-21)
  • I couldn't pass up how much we women like to talk.
  • communication is so important.
  • how can we fellowship without talking and sharing? when we share our joys and struggles with each other, it builds us up. And what comes along with that is my sisters listen to me as well. (Acts 4:20 speak, seen, heard)
E-Encouraging (1 Thes 5:9-12)
  • Praise the Lord! I love it when my sister in the Lord encourage me. Using people in our lives to encourage as is one of the wonderful ways in which God works. (1 Thes 5:11 comfort, edify, another)
R-Real (Proverbs 18:24, friends, brother)
S-Saved (Romans 10:9)
  • One thing that sisters in the Lord have in common is that they know the Lord Jesus Christ. They've been saved by the power of Christ's blood.
  • Romans 10:9 confess, mouth, believe, heart, raised.
  • Matt 12:50 will, heaven, sister.
Conclusion: Let'st be sister in the Lord that encourage and help each other stay grounded by their faith in Christ, friendship and love for one another. Which sister has been an encouragement to you?

GB
The Campbells

No comments:

Post a Comment