Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Psalm 90: The Plan B Prayer Lesson 3: From Everlasting to Everlasting

Introduction: "Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting  to everlasting, thou are God." (Psalm 90:2)

  1. God is Eternal
    • He was in the beginning (Gen 1:1 & Gal 16:17)
    • He is with me now and always (Heb 13:5b, Mt 28:20)
    • He inhabits eternity (always has been, always will be (Isa 57:15)
  2. Time is temporal (Temporary)
    • It is a succession of moments
    • It brings about either development or decay
      • God works within our time (Gal 4:4)
      • God makes the difference in time (Prov 10:27-29)
    • It has its beginning, and it will have its end (1 Jn 2:18)
  3. So, who am I?
    • Life is but a vapor (James 4:14)
    • Love Thyself? Mat 19:19, 27:39, Mark 12:31, Luke 10:29, 2 Tim 3:2)
    • I am His child, commissioned to do His work, and I am not alone (Exodus 3:11-12)
    • Keep the right perspective of who I am and what I am doing by remembering God's eternality.
      • I belong to the eternal God.
      • I have been commissioned to do his work.
      • I am not alone, he is always with me.
      • Certainly, I will be with you-eternal God
Conclusion:
We can do whatever is before us, not because of who or what we are, but simply because God is with us. . . and we know Who He is.

Additional Study:
  1. What stark reality does Solomon discuss in Ecclesiastes 9:9? Is he discussing this from an earthly or an eternal perspective?
  2. What should the inevitable nature of this reality cause us to do (Ecclesiastes 9:10)?
  3. Looking at Ecclesiastes 9:11-12 from an earthly perspective, are we ever going to be able to reconcile all of this life's apparent inequalities and contrasting outcomes?
  4. According to Ecclesiastes 9:12, what do we no know in this life?
  5. Who knows what we do not know (Job 14:1-5)?
GB Essie

No comments:

Post a Comment