Saturday, April 28, 2018

Psalm 90: The Plan B Prayer Lesson 8: "Applying Our Hearts to Wisdom"

Introduction: ". . .that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom." (Psalms 90:12)

  1. What Is Wisdom?
    • The beginning is the fear of the Lord (Prov 9:10)
    • It is the principal thing (Prov 4:7)
    • It is available, truthful, understandable, valuable, practical, powerful effectual, personal, fruitful, spiritual, eternal, continual, critical, and wonderful! (Prov 8)
    • Summary of other's commentaries: it is "the application of God's revelation. . .the divine perspective applied to the situations and complexities of life."
  2. Why Do I Need Wisdom?
    • Because wisdom is precious (Prov 3:13)
    • To understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God (Prov 2:5)
    • To avoid being a fool (Prov 1:20-32).
  3. How Do I Get Wisdom? (Prov 2)
    • Incline my ear (v2)
    • Cry out for it (v3)
    • Look for it as for hidden treasure (v4)
    • Ask God for it (v6, James 1:5-7)
      • wisdom is available, just not immediate
Conclusion:
    Once I have wisdom, I must apply it or it will not help at all. Wisdom applied will allow me to see beyond my trial to the result God is trying to achieve. Wisdom applied will help me to not ask for a problem to be removed, but rather, to have the right approach to my problem and have the ability to navigate in the midst of my problem.

Additional Study;
  1. What were David's sins that kept him from God's perfect will in his family life? (Verse 9)
  2. What consequences would come to him? (verses 11-12, 14)
  3. After David repented, did God forgive David? (verse 13)
  4. After what Nathan told David, why did David pray for his child? (verse 16, 22)
  5. God did not spare the child, but what blessing did He allow, and how long did it take to come? (verse 24)
  6. What does this last phrase in verse 24 say about God?
GB Essie

No comments:

Post a Comment